This half of term with the 6-7 year olds we have been focusing on dragons. There were a few different stages to our work that is now culminating in some lovely writing:
- We read some books about dragons together and talked about them (George and the Dragon, The Egg, Show me a Dragon, The Dragon Machine), roughly one a week
- We modelled dragons out of clay and painted them
- We made houses for our dragons
- We wrote letters to our dragons to ask them to come back when they disappeared
- We talked a lot about how we met our dragons; why they went missing; how we got them back. We then made this into a story.
- We will edit and finish off our stories next week…
Here are some photos of the students’ hard work!